Monday, August 10, 2009

Prayer

Lately a bunch of things have been going wrong with our home, pool, cars etc. It seems like when it rains it pours around here! I was complaining about it the other day and JR said," well its the way we are"....huh? He said we needed to pray more. Does God really put things in our life to remind us to pray? I thought I was good about praying. I feel like I pray all the time. I think it is the devil, but is he actually capable of doing that? Can the devil see our heart and hear what we are saying in our head? I think God only has that power, but what do think? Sometimes I feel if I say something out loud to someone then the opposite actually happens. It that the devil or God saying live day by day and not make plans for tomorrow? What do you think, does the Devil have powers ?

2 comments:

Abi said...

When things start falling apart around me I have learned to first look and see if I'm actually responsible for any of it. That's usually my problem. I've neglected something too long and so it blows up. Probably not your case. I do believe that God does allow things to happen to us so that we will turn to Him. It reminds me of a period of time when my Corsica was dying just about every week at work. Battery, tires, alternators, etc. Everytime I had trouble I would call Dad. Finally one day Dad said "Could you call me at 5pm on a weekday just to say hi sometime?" I think that's how it is with God. Only God really really really wants to hear from us. Yes He loves us and wants to take care of us, but He doesn't want that to be all there is to the relationship. Unfortunately that is often all we give him. I've found that if I am thankful for the little things and try to carry out a regular everyday relationship with God that trouble doesn't seem to pop up as much. It still happens because we are in an imperfect world and I'm lazy. But I know look at them as times of learning, to grow in faith, to take better care of my stuff, to not freak out as easily.
And that is my book response to your blog :)

Anonymous said...

I think if you look at the story of Job, you can conclude that Satan can not see our hearts (or he would have know that Job would not cry out against God). However, Satan has the power to make a lot of bad things happen. I think the more that you try to be a follower, the more that Satan will put roadblocks in your way and foil your plans. Satan is not going to attack you if you are not the enemy...