Friday, October 17, 2008

Fire Proof

A few weeks ago we went with our church family to see the new movie Fire Proof. It is a great Christian based movie basically dealing with what a lot of people are dealing with in there marriages. It is not everyday that they make a movie for theater, that number one is a Christian based movie and number two a actually movie that you can learn from spiritually. Now, it seems that everyone is going crazy about this movie saying it changed their life etc. I really wish I could say that it changed my life and we are good now but it didn't. I didn't even cry while watching the movie. Everyone else(not sure about JR) did and I feel kind of guilty for not crying,I guess I have cried enough. I feel like I missed something. I feel like God spoke to everyone else while watching the movie but he forgot to talk to me. Since the movie came out our church has started a class based on it and I hear there will be sermons from it etc. I pray I can get something out it from that and maybe I can figure out what I missed. To tell you the truth I am kind of sick hearing about it. I think it is sad that it took a movie for some people to say "Oh now I got it, I need to change". I would hope that going to church and reading your bible would do that for you. Maybe we just live in a world that has to have that kind of thing for the light to go off and be like duh,now I get it. Most of you know JR and I have been through a lot this past year. The movie should have hit home but I guess we have been praying and working on our marriage long before the movie so maybe I felt we were past that point and not turning back. In writing this I am figuring out that since we were past it ,the movie just brought up a lot of hard feelings that I have worked so hard at forgiving and forgetting. It was like I was being reminded of our past every time I hear about Fire Proofing your marriage and we actually had to Fire Proof it and now I am done and ready to move on or at least trying to move on. Now I am not saying don't go see the movie because I am all for it and we need to show that the movie makers need to make more Chritaian movies, I just wish people wouldn't talk about it every Sunday and make me re-live the past! That's what's on my heart this morning :)

1 comment:

jenn said...

Helen,
I know things have been hard for you and J.R. I know y'all can make it through anything! Maybe those people are talking about it at church because you need to hear it and God knows it. He knows the movie didn't "get to you", but maybe something else will and it's His way of saying, "No, you really haven't dealt with it, you just pushed it to the back of your mind"...just a thought.

Have you thought about watching the movie again...alone??