Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Am I a "Martha"?

JR says in class on Sunday that I am a Martha! Man, did that make me mad at first, but then I started thinking, is it bad to be a "Martha"? Yes, I would rather be a "Mary", the type to sit down and take time to enjoy and listen but then who is going to do all the work?? He also tells everyone my dirty little secret.....the one that I stress over everything to make sure the house is perfect before we have company. So sorry I like to have everything in order so when guest come over they wont see what kind of boxers he wears or what the kids wrote on the mirror when they got out of the shower that morning. I just like things neat and in their place :) What's so wrong with that?! I am here to say that I may be a "Martha" but for now on I will try to be more of a "Mary". BEWARE...you may find out a lot more about our family than you wanted too but he asked for it.
Have you seen the TV show 30 days? Maybe I will try to not care about things so much for 30 days to see how it goes. Here are some Bible verses to see where I am coming from, talking about the whole Martha vs. Mary thing. Luke 10:38-42 also something to think about is Philippians 3:7-8 and Luke 14:25-35

No comments: