Sunday, November 9, 2008

Comments?

First of all thank you to everyone that have posted comments. I appreciate everyone's unique view-point.

Now, I have looked at blogs as more of a round-table type discussion by people who are interested in the topic being discussed. If it doesn't interest you then you move along. That is what I love about the comments. I get to hear what other people actually think. People that don't have comments on their blogs make me wonder. Are you afraid of what you might hear from people that actually care enough to spend time and write? Are you "looking out" for the other readers by stopping any possibility of fights?

If you are afraid of what people will say, then don't post anything controversial. Post puppies and kittens playing together nicely.

If you are afraid of conflict from your readers, well, moderate the comments. If you have two adults with differing view points, they should be able to work it out on their own. You don't have to protect them. People should be able to formulae arguments and they will only get better at it with practice.

I cannot fathom why you wouldn't have comments so enlighten me. I'm just sayin'.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmmm... I agree. If someone is so concerned about the comments, then they should moderate them and approve them before they get posted.

Charles North said...

It's very simple - rather than discuss the IDEA on my blog, people seem to think that my personal life and problems are open for discussion in public. Well, it's not. Every time someone violates that rule, I shut down those comments. Too many people have very hurt and tender feelings.

Helen said...

Good post JR, I was thinking all the same things. Now, everyone should use SELF CONTROL!I look at it as we are all frineds with diffrent views, that's what keep things interresting. If someone comments on something you dont like, just delete their comment dont prevent EVERYONE from commenting. Now I'M JUST SAY'N :)

J.R. said...

I know, right?

Anonymous said...

I'm just sayin that... Where's something new?????