Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Enough already!

They say its not a racial thing but why is it every time I turn the radio on or TV on I hear Martin Luther King giving his "I have a dream speech"? On the way to the grocery store I am flipping the radio channels and I hear this rap song come on and say, "We need a black President". So you say its not a racial thing.... are you sure ?? On The View today, Sherry is crying because now she can tell her son (which is black,by the way) that you can do it just like Obama, now there is nothing standing in your way. If it wasn't a racial thing then why would she say that to her child. Her son could be who he wants to be no matter the color of his skin. Now read what Whoppi said. She said, "Now pull your pants up,and act right". Whoppi can say that but if the white girl on the panel said it, she would have been torn a part by the media and her co-workers. I just pray that the "whole world" wasn't celebrating last night because Obama made deals with all those countries. It is very weird the way all those people around the world were celebrating. He will not be their President,he is going to be the US President, right....Did they show all that around the World when any other President's was elected?? I don't think so. It makes me wonder....

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

It wasn't a race thing, yet according to the exit polls, 95% of African Americans voted for Obama?

J.R. said...

Voting for a person based on race is still racism.

Brian and Jamie Laird said...

And not voting for a person because of the color of their skin is also racism. Well, everyone will get the change they so desperately wanted and hopefully it will turn out for the best. If not, they will all still say it is Bush's fault because Obama could do no wrong, right?

BTW, I am Barbara's cousin, I read your blogs sometimes because I have nothing better to do. LOL!

Helen said...

That is so true about blaming Bush for everything. Thanks for the comment :)Barb is one of my bestest friends!!

BTW..happy birthday Jamie! I looked at your blog since I was bored :) LOL J/K

Brian and Jamie Laird said...

Just kidding about the being bored part. It was better than saying I'm nosey or a stalker. I just like reading other people's blogs because it makes my life seem not so mundane.

Helen said...

Jamie~ your funny. I was just kidding too. I do the same thing.

Charles North said...

As someone who grew up in another country, the status of the US President is a huge deal abroad. Since JFK, America's President has very much been the "world's president," and if he's a good president, then the rest of the world loves him as much as americans do. At least that's what I experienced growing up.

Helen said...

in re: to last comment:

Did they show the whole world celebrating in any other election? I don't recall ever seeing the news media show Africa etc. dancing and praising for "OUR" President.

Charles North said...

No, this is the first time I've ever seen that kind of celebrating in other countries. Kenya is understandable - Obama's father was from there. I guess the rest of the world (and media) just hate George Bush!

Helen said...

No,Bush did the best he could with what he had. Dont forget there are other people involved. Bush isnt the only one in D.C. I think Obama made a deal with the devil. Time will tell.