Thursday, November 6, 2008

We be Jamm'n.... or should we??

It is time for a new subject. I am still not so sure about all the other topics but whatever. LOL!

The subject is, Music in the church?? My friend and I have gone around in circles about this subject a few years back but I respect the opinion of some of you, so what are your thoughts? Should there be a band playing at church or even a piano?

I personally think that just using your voice is the best way to go but there are some Churches of Christ now that have started having bands playing at their #2 service. Which that is another thing...its sad that churches have to have 2 different services. One for the old people and one for the younger crowd.

So let me have it, should we be jamm'n in church?

I will leave you with this, Psalms 27 (one of the many), for those that believe we should look at scripture to find our answers....I'm just say'n :)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow... out with the big bomb!

Helen said...

hey a girls gotta do what a girls gotta do :)

Charles North said...

Go to the Richland Hills Church of Christ web site (www.rhchurch.org), click on "sermons and podcasts" at the top of the page, and listen to Rick's 3-part sermon series called "The Both/And Church." It explains their decision to use instruments. It's golden!!

As you probably guessed, I'm just fine with instruments in worship.

A new purpose said...

well, being the friend that I believe you were referring to when you mentioned "going round and round" - I am all for it! I do not believe we should separate the beauty of music - which I completely believe is a gift from God - we are the ONLY species who make our own music like this - so YES use it to worship Him - I look at it similar to when I buy the kids a new coloring book and crayons - the first thing they do is color a picture for me! for me to hang and appreciate - so why not use our God given talents and give them back to God in a pleasing and appreciative manner!? - just thought I would stir the pot for ya! still a Romans 14 fan if we can't call a truce....

Helen said...

thank you for stirring the post Barb :) I am still so torn with that. It's my up bringing. I am praying about it.